By this term we refer to the evolution of medium and long-term jobs, as they are affected by several factors such as:
- demographic change and the aging of the population
- advances in technology and innovation
- increase in global value chains where production of goods and services are spread across continents.
- demand for higher skills on the labour market
- the need of rethinking educational systems
- climate change and global warming
The main subject proposed by the Romanian Presidency in the field of youth refers to the increase of youth adaptability to the challenges posed by the future of work, on the basis of which we will propose a set of Council conclusions. Moreover, when it comes to the future of work, it is important that we include perspectives, ideas and solutions pertaining to young people, as they are at the forefront of the huge changes that take place in the labor market. The EU Youth Conference, an event of paramount importance, part of the EU Youth Dialogue process, conference which will be held in Bucharest between the 25th and 28th of March 2019, will give the young people the chance to reflect on this subject, with the purpose of generating ideas and solutions that address their concerns, but that also address our own concerns as decision-makers.